Be part of Our Group!
Mayor Muriel Bowser publicizes the first hiring occasion of 2022, “New Yr, New Profession Digital Hiring Truthful.” On Wednesday, March sixteenth and Thursday, March seventeenth, from 10am to 6pm, the DC Division of Human Sources will give attention to enhancing the interplay between residents, recruiters, and hiring managers within the District of Columbia Authorities utilizing a digital platform. Collaborating companies have the power to make on the spot job affords for DC Authorities jobs in numerous industries. Different affords can be made inside every week after the occasion. The occasion is free and registration is required for jobseekers. Register Right here.
Every day, job seekers can chat with hiring managers from throughout the District authorities and certified candidates might have a chance to interview through confidential video chat or cellphone name. Jobseekers will be capable to declare further choice for District residency, army service, and foster care as relevant in another hiring occasion.
To assist candidates put together for this nice alternative, DC Division of Human Sources will even be internet hosting two “Resume Writing Workshops” on March 14, 2022. The primary workshop can be at 9am till 10am and the second from 2pm till 3pm. The workshops can be centered on giving essential tricks to candidates on the way to make their resume stand out from the group. Registration just isn’t required to take part and to hitch, go to Resume Writing Workshop.
The mixed occasions will present a complicated digital simulation that allows actual time interplay between District recruiters, trainers, and certified candidates.
Candidates may have the choice of claiming further choice if they’re:
- A District resident,
- Anybody claiming District residency choice on the time of utility ought to convey a government-issued type of identification and proof of voter registration.
- A veteran (and/or has disabilities from army service),
- Candidates claiming veteran’s choice ought to convey a duplicate of their DD-214.
- 18 to 21 years of age and is at the moment or was a Little one and Household Providers (CFSA) foster care recipient throughout the final 5 years.
- Candidates claiming a foster care choice will want a letter or different documentation from CFSA or the Household Courtroom of D.C. Superior Courtroom displaying that they’re at the moment in foster care or displaying the date they left courtroom supervision.
We worth the protection of our staff, our residents, and our guests. In assist of those values, if you’re chosen for a job you should be absolutely vaccinated in opposition to COVID-19, which incorporates all eligible booster pictures, besides when vaccination just isn’t medically suggested or violates your sincerely held spiritual beliefs in violation of EEO legal guidelines. New staff should both present proof of vaccination or be granted a medical or spiritual exemption earlier than working with the Authorities of the District of Columbia.
Job descriptions for every company can be found by clicking the hyperlinks under:
The Profession Pathways Program provides District residents who’re graduates of District public excessive faculties or recipients of a GED or highschool equivalency credential from the District precedence consideration for entry-level District authorities jobs. To be eligible for precedence consideration for entry-level job alternatives through the Profession Pathways Program, a person should at the moment reside within the District of Columbia and have obtained one of many following:
- A highschool diploma from the District of Columbia Public Colleges (DCPS);
- A highschool diploma from a District public constitution faculty; or
- A GED or highschool equivalency credential from the District of Columbia
Wednesday, March sixteenth & Thursday, March seventeenth; 10:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Be taught extra: Comply with us on Twitter, Fb and Instagram for extra data.