CMS has among the most enjoyable and rewarding careers within the federal authorities. Our work is huge – touching the lives of over 140 million People. Our mission is obvious – to function a trusted associate and steward, devoted to advancing well being fairness, increasing protection, and enhancing well being outcomes. Our skill to handle the Medicare, Medicaid, and Well being Insurance coverage Market applications depends upon our devoted workers of public servants.
So whether or not you’re tech savvy, well being targeted, numbers pushed, or anyplace in between – discover what CMS has to supply for you. Situated in Maryland and places of work across the nation, we provide aggressive advantages, significant assignments, and progress alternatives to reinforce the trajectory of your profession whereas offering a way of objective in your work.
Wish to study extra?
Be a part of our Hiring New in 2022 webinar sequence (PDF) each first and third Wednesday from March by December 2022 at 1PM EST to listen to from Human Assets consultants and different Facilities for Medicare and Medicaid Service professionals on company hiring developments within the “new regular” and all the things you wish to find out about federal hiring. Register right here!
Missed a webinar, or wish to try our final sequence from 2021? Discover the recordings on the Careers at CMS Playlist on our YouTube channel.
What thrilling alternatives can you discover at CMS?
Don’t have present or previous federal expertise? These job openings for the overall public are for you.
Present & former federal staff
Are you a present or former federal worker? Listed below are jobs open to:
- Present federal staff serving beneath a profession or profession conditional appointment.
- Former federal staff with reinstatement eligibility; and individuals eligible for non-competitive appointment beneath particular hiring authorities (e.g., Veterans Recruitment Appointment, VEOA, and so forth).
- U.S. Public Well being Service Commissioned Corps Officers.
Did you serve our nation and at the moment are in search of a new problem?
College students & current graduates
Are you a scholar or current school graduate who desires to begin your profession with us?
Individuals with disabilities
Are you an individual with a incapacity who’s trying to be part of our workforce?
Returned Peace Corps Volunteers
Are you a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer? Go to our Peace Corps Volunteers web page.
Senior Govt Service (SES)
Searching for an SES place? Go to USAJOBS.
All open CMS jobs
Wish to see all of our open jobs? Right here’s our USAJOBS search web page the place you may search all of our bulletins posted now on USAJOBS.
Want extra info?
If in case you have questions on a selected CMS emptiness, e mail the servicing Human Assets Specialist listed on the job’s announcement. Every emptiness announcement has contact info.
For extra details about how the federal software course of works:
- Create an account with USAJobs.gov
- Full your profile to use to jobs, save searches and save jobs.
- Seek for jobs at CMS and choose a job announcement you are fascinated about making use of to.
- Evaluation the job announcement and put together your resume for a authorities place
- If it’s a CV, strip out tutorial language.
- If you’re coming from the army, exchange any jargon with the federal equal.
- Put together to spend vital time (a few hours or extra) on the appliance.
- Submit your software in USAJobs.gov to the CMS place. The applying course of can take just a few months whereas we assessment functions and choose candidates for referrals.
- Interview with the hiring supervisor for the place.
- Obtain and settle for your official provide from the CMS hiring official.
- Full your onboarding paperwork together with background investigation which can take a number of weeks or extra.
- Obtain your last job provide and a begin date.
- Attend new worker orientation in your first day and report back to your new workplace.
- Make a optimistic impression on People in all places.